The Harboro Rubber Company is a well established local manufacturer and supplier of bespoke rubber moulded components to various market sectors. We would be pleased to receive your application in response to the vacancies listed below.
Warehouse Manager - Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Manager. The purpose of the role is to take control of the warehousing and logistics elements of a very busy manufacturing facility.
Harboro Rubber has been trading effectively for many years and is now going through a modernisation process within this department. The chosen candidate will take the lead with this development with the ultimate goal of improving efficiencies with the movement and storage of stock, the availability of raw materials for production and to better forecast departmental output and staffing needs.
To be considered, applicants should have a strong working knowledge of MRP, EDI and bar coding systems. This will ideally have been gained in a production environment where tight deadlines and constant re-prioritising were essential for success. This business has a strong client base within the automotive sector, so experience in this industry would be advantageous. Candidates should be expert at managing and motivating a workforce, be prepared to do whatever it takes to get a job done well and be considerate of all other departments.
Key elements of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Take the lead with departmental Health & Safety
- Ensure accuracy of despatch, particularly considering bonded items
- Manage labour plans / forecasting
- Be proactive with customer and supplier contact
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and checked regularly
- Maintain the levels and accessibility of raw materials available for the production team
- Manage a team of 4 to work to tight schedules with limited windows
- Ensure that the warehouse is visually improved and practical in layout
- Reduce discrepancy levels and maintain an exacting standard
- Control returnable packaging stock levels
- Attend and contribute to production and sales meetings
- Control and use of both Reach and Counterbalance FLTs
- Maintain current outstanding staff retention levels
- Measure and improve team performance through quarterly reviews and regular one-to-ones
This position will suit someone who takes pride in owning their area of the business and works with energy and commitment to the wider business. Positive communication and the ability to influence colleagues, customers and suppliers are also required skills. The chosen candidate will be not only responsible for the strategic development of their department, but must also be prepared to get stuck in and take the lead with the work load.
Working hours are 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday with an early finish on Friday (depending on customer requirements). Some additional out of hours working may be required.
This position is available immediately for the right person.
Please submit CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the title reference - Warehouse Manager.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE